Saturday, July 10, 2010

Themed Party: Italian Dinner Party

My husband makes the BEST Fettucine Alfredo. Ever. I may be biased, but I would choose his any day over any restaurant's. We had been telling our friends how good it was and we finally had a dinner party so they could taste it for themselves.

This was a simple party, but still very festive. We decided to have everything Italian.

Menu

Appetizers~Olives, Breadsticks

Drink~Italian Sodas

Main Dish~Fettucine Alfredo topped with Grilled Chicken

Dessert~Homemade Strawberry Gelato

***

I didn't have much time to get anything fancy for decor, but let's face it. Lots of times you just have to improvise with what you have. I found a few things around the house. I moved this painting out by the table to set the mood and help us feel like we were really in an Italian restaurant.


I made some simple name cards. Name cards are an easy way to add just a little extra spice.


I love gelato! When I was in Italy, I saved a lot of the special gelato spoons for an occasion just like this. You don't have to go to Italy to get any. You can probably find a gelato shop near you. Make a date out of it and save the gelato spoons for your own dinner party! These are gelato spoons in case you didn't know what to look for:

I sent out an Evite just to add some extra flair and confirm a time.

It was simple, but the food was excellent and so was the company. Not all parties need activities or a lot of structure.

Buon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails